Saturday, January 26, 2013

Bethany Rant

Hola blog. 

Today is this weird day when I just feel like a rant. Like a good, long, reasonable rave about something. Normally I'm not this kind of person but when I get in the mood, oh, you better watch out. :D 

So today I wanna talk about one of my girl crushes-idols-fashion icons-role models-imaginarily best friends Bethany Mota a.k.a Macbarbie07. She was the second beauty guru who I subscribed to on YouTube and since then I've been addicted. Her eyes, her flawless skin, her laugh, her hair, her dimples, her personality, her whole body is amazing. Not gonna say perfect though, everyone has their own flaws. I just haven't spotted hers yet. :)

But the reason why I wanna talk about her is this - one day I was chilling around on YouTube as you do and came across a video where one YouTuber I watch proudly announced that he reached 100,000 subscribers and how thankful he was, but when he thought of a good thing to do to celebrate he came up with none so he just thanked his fans a billion times and that was it. But for some reason this video got me thinking about all these people doing things when they reach their next goal - for example Jacksgap went naked bungee jumping and Caspar Lee sexy skidiving for 100K and there are numerous other YouTubers doing something crazy/over the top to entertain their viewers.

And then my mind wandered off to Bethany. I was like, hey, this girl has more than a million subscribers and she has never done anything to show the love! Of course, she calls us her 'bffs' daily but how true can this be? For a moment I was really disappointed, Beth has got a freaking 1,000,000 people watching her and she does nothing special?! But luckily, the thought vanished as quickly as it had popped into my head. How could I think about her like that? Just because she doesn't do a bizarre stunt every now and then she sees the number has grown doesn't mean she's a worse YouTuber in any way. In fact, she's way better than some others - she reminds us that she's there for us EVERY DAY, not only when the number of subscriptions up your sleeve have increased by another 100,000 people. 

She shows us that she cares, and she's interested. She follows and retweets us on Twitter, and replies on Instagram. She does everything she possibly could to make our everyday lives a little bit brighter and in my opinion, that's what actually counts, not some attention-seeking thing just to gain more viewers. Bethany does what she loves while at the same time staying true to herself and everyone else, not trying to be fake or mean or lie to people. She's just being her little awesome self called Bethany and she's proud of it. She's proud of herself. And that's what I mostly admire in her. 


She has the prettiest face I've ever seen <3

Okay, rant over now, I just needed to get it off my chest because I feel like I'm not the only one thinking like that and besides, I love sharing my opinions with people.

Until next time!

Stay classy, 
Sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment